The 8th World Social Forum on Migrations (WSFM-2018) will take place from 2 to 4 November 2018 in Mexico City. With the slogan “Migrate, resist, build, transform: Migrate all to change systems“, it aims to bring together all those who wish to build a just, sustainable, inclusive and united world where everyone has a place. The World Social Forum on Migrations has a vision of migration based on respect, equality, recognition and valuing of differences, in rejection of a perspective founded on detection, deportation, detention, displacement and denial of migrations.
The WSFM-2018 is a Thematic Forum focusing on social, geopolitical and environmental issues related to migration. It is a continuation of the World Social Forum born in Porto Alegre (Brazil) in 2001.
7 thematic focuses have been defined:
- Human rights, workers’ rights and trade union rights, social inclusion, hospitality and mobility.
- Realities of borders, walls and other barriers.
- Resistances, actors, movements and collective actions.
- The systemic crisis of capitalism and its consequences for migration.
- Migration, gender and body.
- Migration, the rights of Mother Nature, climate change and North-South disputes.
- Population of organized migrants and diasporas as actors of change.
For registration and participation:
More information on: www.fsmm2018.org